In this section, we provide a (hopefully, someday) “comprehensive” listing of atmospheric and oceanic sciences (AOS) Python packages and modules. You can access the lists either via the links below, or by the flyout menu above. This listing is purposely limited, however, in order to provide a digestable list for the AOS community:
- Package Directories: This is a metalist of lists others have made of Python packages used in AOS computing.
- Python Distributions: This lists sources of Python distributions AOS users may find useful.
- Development Environments and Tools
- Document Generation
- Image Processing: General image processing, processing of satellite data, real-time image analysis, etc.
- Input/Output: The focus is on formats AOS users prefer.
- Language, Tool, and OS Interfaces: Calling and interfacing with C, Fortran, GUI systems, builds, etc.
- Numerical Libraries
- Specialized AOS Analysis Tools: Includes time series analysis, AOS-focused statistical packages, all-in-one applications (e.g., CDAT), GIS, etc.
- Testing: Unit and other software testing.
- Webservices and Frameworks
Some packages are repeated between lists. Links are not checked very frequently and so may be broken; use the Internet Archive to access archival versions.