Language, Tool, and OS Interfaces
- SCons: A Python replacement for make and autoconf.
- Heroku: “Cloud application platform” for Agile deployment of Python and other languages.
- PiCloud: Run your program on the cloud using very few lines of Python code.
Compiled Languages and Parallelization
- ASAPPyTools: “The ASAP Python Toolbox is a collection of stand-alone tools for doing simple tasks, from managing print messages with a set verbosity level, to keeping timing information, to managing simple MPI communication.”
- Cython: (Almost) effortlessly turn Python code into C extensions. A great way to make your Python code go (much) faster!
- ctypes: Module to interface with C and C++
- f2py: Way to wrap Fortran routines to make them usable in Python
- mpi4py: Python bindings to MPI.
- Fwrap: Wraps Fortran in C, Cython, and Python.
- myMPI: A module for parallelizing Fortran/C and Python
- petsc4py: Python bindings to PETSc (Portable, Extensible Toolkit for Scientific Computation).
- SWIG: Wrapper for C and C++ routines
- psycopg: Python adapter to the PostgreSQL database system.
- redis-py: Python bindings to the redis data server.
Graphical User Interfaces
- PyQt: Python bindings to Nokia’s Qt user-interface framework.
Operating System Interfaces
- glob: Built-in module for pathname pattern expansion.
- os: Built-in module of operating system interfaces.
Scripting Languages and Frameworks
- IronPython: Integration with .NET.
- Jepp: Python embedded in Java.
- Jython: Write Python but run is on any Java Virtual Machine.
- PyPy: A version of Python that can be configured to use microthreads, permitting massive concurrency.
- Python for .NET