2-D and 3-D Graphing
- Basemap: Toolkit module for making geographic basemaps:
- bokeh: From the website: “Bokeh is a Python interactive visualization library for large datasets that natively uses the latest web technologies. Its goal is to provide elegant, concise construction of novel graphics in the style of Protovis/D3, while delivering high-performance interactivity over large data to thin clients.”
- Cartopy: “A library providing cartographic tools for python.”
- Chaco: 2-D graphing for static as well as interactive plots.
- ChartDirector: Charting for desktops and web applications. License requires purchase.
- DISLIN: Scientific data plotting.
- gmt: Python package for making Generic Mapping Tools (GMT) plots.
- GracePlot: A line plot plotting package designed for interactive sessions.
- matplotlib: 2-D line, contour, and image plots.
- MayaVi: Scripted and interactive 3-D plotting.
- MkMov: Make a movie from a netCDF file with a single command.
- ParaView: Analysis and visualization package for very large datasets.
- Plotly: “Plotly is a complete suite of data visualization and collaboration tools for engineers and data scientists.”
- pv_atmos: “Python scripting for scientific visualization software ParaView. Applied to atmospheric netCDF data.”
- PyNGL: Python NCAR Graphics Library package.
- Seaborn: “Seaborn is a Python visualization library based on matplotlib. It provides a high-level interface for drawing attractive statistical graphics.”
- VAPOR: “Visualization and Analysis Platform for Ocean, Atmosphere, and Solar Researchers.” An interactive 3-D visualization tool with Python integration.
- VisAD: McIDAS-V is built on VisAD. While VisAD is written in Java, Python accessibility is provided via Jython.
- VisTrails: Visualization tool that provides workflow management that tracks the provenance of the visualization and data.
- VPython: Easy-to-use 3-D visualization and animation environment.
- WxMAP2: Create weather maps from numerical weather prediction models. Based on GrADS.
- Freeseer: An application, written in Python, used for recording conference presentations and other streaming video.